Author Topic: Improvment to Mini Scheduler  (Read 963 times)

Torben

• Administrator
  • Doktor mAirList
    • View Profile
Re: Improvment to Mini Scheduler
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 17:02:30 »
It's in the new build 3847.

Lukeman

• Regular
  • mAirList Home Studio 6.1.5 Build 3900
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 17:29:37 »
Thanks!!  :D :D

CROOZEmaster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 08:35:19 »
Thanks, Torben. You're great!

Torben

• Administrator
  • Doktor mAirList
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 10:14:40 »
When you turn on the debug log, you will notice that the "Title separation for xxx is ..." lines are now missing the [] part.

HJH

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 15:26:43 »
Hi.

I do not think this solution completely solves the issue.
Hiding some text for the Mini Scheduler with square brackets, does not make Mini Scheduler aware of the same song in different languages, or same, or nearly same* song with different titles.
*example: PM Dawn - "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss" use a sample of Spandau Ballet - "True". This sample is so clearly heard, that one would consider not playing "True" right after or close to.  Another example is Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive" and Robbie Williams - "Supreme".

I suggest making a group function for titles. (yes we talk about song titles here, but basically this is about the Titles field and by that it can involve anything; not only SONG titles)

Imagine this:
Group what is considered similar songs. For example, same song in different versions/remix. For example same song in different languages. Etc.
This is to avoid the Mini Scheduler to take songs that not have exact the same title, but in reality is similar.
Next to the Title field, there is a group button. Press the button and a window comes up, where I can select and group songs that are similar.

HJH

Torben

• Administrator
  • Doktor mAirList
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 12:16:36 »
These are features you would usually find in much more expensive schedulers like MusicMaster. Don't forget it's the "Mini Scheduler".

HJH

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 20:56:56 »
 ;)   ohh yes, I forgot that.

Hmm   can the Mini Scheduler check more than 1 field ?   I mean, could a Title field (the one we already have) and an Alias field (a new field in the system) be checked ?
- The Title field works like it does now.
- The Alias field is a text field/box, where each row is a title.
If we compare with one of the examples I gave earlier, Mini Scheduler will then know if picking "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss" it is the same as picking "True"   (because "True" is in the Alias box on the picked "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss" song)

Just an idea, which I think could be useful also on versions/remixes and same song in different languages.

Thanks

HJH

:)